The Seattle busy season is March 1st – October 31st. Scheduling your service during the quieter winter months prevents delays during the precious sunny days of summer! (And helps us keep our doors open through the slow rainy Seattle winter.)
- DO schedule service ahead, particularly during the busy season. A phone call is best: (206) 535-6812, or submit a request for service and we’ll contact you.
- DON’T wait until two days before a big summer trip! Seattle Used Bikes often schedules out three weeks or more during this time.
- DO drop your bike off at our Seattle shop the day before your scheduled appointment (we have secure storage available)
- DON’T expect the motorcycle technician to start at the exact schedule time (But if you do need to stick around, we have a guest lounge with TV and free WI-FI)
- DO have your VIN when you call to schedule so we can check for service updates and recall work. (It’s on your registration.)
Planning is key to getting your bike in and out of service as efficiently as possible, so please help us make sure we have the parts and time for everything your bike needs to be safe and reliable.
Overlooked Scooter and Motorcycle Services:
These can cost you money if not done – and can create safety issues:
- Brake Fluid Flush and Clutch Fluid Flush should be done every 2 years regardless of mileage.
- Ducati Timing Belts should be replaced every 2 years regardless of mileage.
- Rubber Brake Hoses degrade over time and should be replaced before they fail.
- New tires are slippery! Ride very carefully for at least 100 miles.
- Old tires may become slippery and structurally unsound.
- Tire pressure can drop to unsafe pressure in as little as two weeks, even without defects – check your tires frequently.
Help! My bike won’t start!
We recommend Lowside Motorcycle T&A for your towing needs. Tim Miller can be reached at (206) 696-1849